Beginner’s Guide to Clairsentience: The Ability of Clear-Feeling
Updated: April 1, 2023
Your psychic sense may be just below the surface – however, you wouldn’t know unless you were able to identify your ability and hone it to work for you.
Clairsentience is one of the more common intuitive gifts and one of the four main gifts that we will talk about in this article.
What Is Clairsentience?
Clairsentience, when broken down to its base components, means ‘clear-feeling’. Generally, when a person is clairsentient, their psychic information comes to them via feeling or sensing subtle energies around them. People who are clairsentient can sense pass what is physically there and pick up energy. It is the most down-to-earth of the four intuitive gifts.
When a clairsentient is using their ability, it often takes the shape of a gut feeling that can be formed about a person, place, or situation. Clairsentients tend to use their ability every day. Here are a few examples of what clairsentience looks like:
- You get a slight discomfort only to turn around and find that someone’s staring at you.
- You’re overly sensitive and can become overwhelmed in large crowds or in places with a violent past.
- When you enter a room, you can sense the mood and can tell if people are relaxed or if there’s tension.
Symptoms of Clairsentience
If you aren’t exactly sure if you or someone you know are clairsentient, here are some signs to look out for:
- They get a gut feeling about people they’ve just met or about situations or events they’re about to attend.
- They can easily pick up on another person’s feelings and feel what it’s like for another person.
- They’ll have physical sensations such as chills, a feeling of heaviness or lightness depending on the person they’re around or situation they are in.
You may often hear a clairsentient talk about a gut feeling they have about a person, place, or thing. This sensation is the hallmark of a clairsentient. Gut feelings are intense emotional responses and can either feel like a sinking in the pit of your stomach or a light-excited feeling.
The difference between the two will usually let the clairsentient know whether they are on the right track or if they’re in a situation that isn’t going to work out in the end or that needs to be avoided at all costs. It can even help them figure out whether to trust someone or not.
Because of a clairsentient’s heightened sense of feeling they are often very empathic and may even be an accomplished empath. Not only can they feel what others are feeling but they may even be able to absorb some of those emotions that are given off by other people. Sometimes this can negatively affect they’re mood and cause them to feel emotions that aren’t theirs.
Clairsentients also tend to feel sensations in their bodies when they are tuning into other energies. These can come in the form of a tingling or pressure when a clairsentient tunes into the energies around them.
How to Develop Clairsentience
If you believe you are Clairsentient, here are a few ways that you can hone your abilities:
- Quiet Your Mind: Clearing out all the loud thoughts and distractions will allow you to become more aware of your body. Learning to listen to what your body tells you is just the first step to developing your clairsentience. It will also make it easier to pick up on the energies around you and hone your clairsentient abilities. Meditation is a great start for this. If you haven’t meditated before try starting out with five minutes of silent meditation every day.
- Be Aware of your Feelings: Knowing how you feel at all times and being aware of your natural responses will help you gage when you have a sudden shift in mood or when you have a feeling or express an emotion that isn’t yours. Knowing how you feel or how you would normally feel when you enter a new situation will help you differentiate between your inherent feelings and the feelings that you receive from your Higher Self. Learning from yourself and how to decipher the subtle feelings you get will go a long way in the development of your clairsentience.
- Keep a Journal: This will help you keep track of your feelings and will assist you in recognizing your emotions and your clairsentient abilities.
The easiest way to start developing your clairsentience is by going with your gut. Paying attention to your gut feeling and learning to trust them is the first step to becoming an accomplished clairsentient.
Once you have the basics down the rest should develop naturally over time with ample practice and a keen awareness of your emotions and feelings. Most of your clairsentient feelings will only make sense in hindsight so remember to use your journal.