The Magical Properties of Rose in Witchcraft
Updated: February 12, 2023
The Red Clover herb is a perennial plant with pink flowers shaped like a puffball. Its hairy stems and trifoliate leaves require deep watering and love soaking in full sun. Native to central Asia and Africa, Red Clover is lauded as one of the world’s oldest crops that dates back from prehistoric times.
Back in the seventeenth century, a common belief said that any plant which looked like a body part of humans is a certain cure for it. With oval-shaped leaves and a white spot on its center that resembles the human eye, the juice of this herb was considered as a cure for many eye diseases.
Red Clover is an herb that holds a rich history as a religious and magical symbol. As a holy herb in ancient Celts, Red Clover was believed to be an Herb of Immortality and has a deep association with the Sun. Its trifoliate leaves have been associated with the Triple Goddess of Maiden, Mother, and Crone and are also a popular reminder of life’s constant rebirth and evolution.
Magickally, it is used for fidelity potions and serves as a stimulant for the body and soul. With its many medicinal and magical uses, witches love to grow Red Clovers in their sacred gardens to banish unwanted ghosts and any kind of evil spirits.
Having an herb as magical as a Red Clover with you is an effective way to remain protected and composed in varying tunes of life.
Rose Petals Correspondences
- Planet: Venus
- Sign: Taurus
- Element: Water
- Energy: Feminine
- Deities: Aphrodite, Eros, Adonis
Magical Uses of Rose Petals
- Prophetic Dreams: Rose Petals can be used as a drink or an infusion to encourage prophetic dreams and guidance from the angelic realm.
- Love: To strengthen romantic relationships and encourage self-love, Rose Petals can be used in love spells and rituals.
- Purification: Rose Petals can be used in purification baths to put away negative energies from your mind and soul.
- Harmony: To encourage and maintain harmonious relationships with your family members or co-workers, Rose Petals can be used as a decoration or as an altar offering.
- Protection: Rose Petals can be used in protection spells or as an exceptional talisman to keep you away from dangerous paths and spirits.
- Heals Wounds: Herbalists believe that Rose Petals have antiseptic nature that helps in curing cuts and abrasions.
- Regulates Menstruation: Rose tea is thought to regulate menstruation and relieve menstrual cramps.
- Alleviates Constipation: It is believed that drinking a rose tonic helps to relieve muscle spasms in the intestinal tract that may cause constipation.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Rose Petals are thought to be mild laxatives that aid in lowering cholesterol.
- Cures Sore Throats: Herbalists believe that gargling Rose tea cures sore throats, coughs, and other respiratory illnesses.
Witchcraft & Rose Petals
Witches, even in dreams, surround themselves with messages and symbols that bring wisdom to serve as a guide in their everyday life. Add a few Rose Petals to your incense to encourage prophetic dreams through its smell.
You can also make a soft infusion with Rose Petals and drink it before bedtime to increase the chances of connecting with angelic forces to bring you more wisdom and awareness.
Every person wants their dream love life and love wishes to come true. Witches can make use of Rose Petals in their love rituals or spells to assist them in achieving these desires. Rose Petals can also be used as a perfume or in creating a special love necklace. Each petal represents a person and the last petal that stays on the necklace means that he is the person for you.
Regularly cleansing your mind and personal energy is very essential as this also keeps your aura calm and fresh. Boil Rose Petals in a pot and cool it down, pour the water over your body in a bath and let your body indulge in a purifying bath. Another way to purify is to use Rose Petal creams and lotions to massage your body with.
As a member of a household or a community, witches yearn to maintain positive energy around them and with the people, they are with. To encourage a friendly atmosphere and harmonious connections, use dried Rose Petals as an altar offering.
Sprinkling dried Rose Petals around your home will relieve personal tensions and help lift the spirits of people living in the residence by avoiding any conflict.
Turn away harmful and evil influences from entering your space by using Rose Petals as a protective charm against the evil eye. To keep yourself and your companions safe in every journey you are in, wash your clothes with rosewater and bring sachets filled with dried Rose Petals when you travel.